Monday, March 19, 2007

Afridi and Shoaib express their regrets

While many have come forward to express their sympathies and reflections on the life and death of Bob Woolmer, I think some of the most interesting and heartfelt comments over the past few, harrowing days have come from people who at times have been the most harsh with Bob Woolmer. Perhaps that in death all differences fall aside, but I must say I have greater respect for both Shoaib Akhtar (Pakistan Tribune) and Shahid Afridi (The News) as individuals due to the comments they have made, and through that buried any ill will that they or their fans may have borne for Bob Woolmer. Kudos to you two for this. There are more coments from Dawn, from Younis Khan as well. It really does touch one's heart.

Shoaib Akhtar: "I cannot believe the news. We shared great moments together"

Shahid Afridi: "I’m in a shock even as I speak, this loss is just too big. In all my life I have never seen a better coach than Woolmer, he was like a father for us."

Younis Khan: "He was a friend of all the players. I used to call his wife, Gill, mom so he used to tease her that I am their third son. I know how it feels when you lose your close ones. Bob used to help each and every player and he has left a big void in Pakistan cricket"

0 comments: