Monday, March 12, 2007

This is why I love Afridi!

Aah... the wonderful Sahibzada himself. This interview with the folks at CricInfo has everything in it that makes me love Shahid Afridi and what he signifies in modern day cricket.

Some awesome quotes from this forthright, honest and above all complicated man:

Sometimes it does back-fire as the mind doesn't think too much when in a hurry. I am not perfect and I do have my limitations.

Whenever things are clicking it becomes fun and I don't take any pressure against any opposition or bowler.

The respect I need to get I don't get.


I wish him all the best of luck in this tournament. This tournament is truly his moment to make his mark on cricket, and establish himself as one of the premiere players in cricket today. I think he can, I hope he can and what makes him so enticing, is that he just as likely may not.

Technorati Tags: , ,

0 comments: