Saturday, December 30, 2006

Mushtaq Ahmed named as Assistant Coach

I am just not sure what to think. For the past few months, every time Mushtaq Ahmed has been brought back into the squad as a player or as a coach, I have opposed it, and I have cheered every time he has been sacked, and well, now he has been brought back in as Assistant coach. More intriguingly, he has been asked to stay on till the end of the tour, while Waqar Younis, the bowling coach is only being asked to stay on till the end of the Test series.

So, what the PCB expects us to buy, is that a team which plans on relying on its pace bowling for the tour, which has no fast bowlers with any experience (I don't think Sami counts as being a bowler with experience!), will be best served by a leg spinner as assistant coach, with the bowling coach, who has been of benefit over the last while, being sent home after just the test series. The PCB will never cease to amaze me.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

0 comments: